Welcome to our new and latest feature, Baking with Baby GBC!
The clue is kind of in the name but just in case you didn’t quite get the gist, we’re going to be sharing recipes that we make at home with baby GBC, aka Abel, which are going to be easy, tasty bakes that are fun for the whole family!
So, as the majority of us are vegan here in the GBC family, we decided to start with a nice and gooey Vegan Chocolate, Raspberry & Oreo Brownie. It’s really straight forward, perfect for getting kids involved or throwing together in a hurry if you’ve got guests on the way and I promise, even you non Vegans will love it!
So, heres what you’re going to need:
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp coffee granules
- 80g vegan margarine, plus extra for greasing
- 125g self-raising flour
- 70g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 4/5 oreos quartered (maybe more if you like to nibble them as you go…)
- Heat your oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3½. Grease and line a 20cm square tin (or whatever you may have. The smaller the tin, the thicker your brownie, but remember, don’t go too small as you don’t want your brownie to overflow!) with baking parchment. Combine the flaxseed with 6 tbsp water and set aside for approx 5 mins.
- In a saucepan, melt 120g chocolate, the coffee and margarine with 60ml water on a low heat. You can do this in the microwave if you’re worried about little ones using the stove, just ensure you melt in bursts of 20-30 seconds so not to burn your chocolate. Once all of your ingredients have melted, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Place your flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt into a bowl and stir to remove any lumps. Using a hand whisk, mix the sugar into the melted chocolate mixture and beat well until smooth and glossy, ensuring all the sugar is well dissolved. Stir in the flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract and remaining chocolate, then add the flour mixture. Once combined, spoon into your prepared tin.
- Once in your tin, grab your raspberries and Oreo pieces and pop into brownie batter so that they are slightly submerged.
- Bake for approx 35 minutes (although we did do around 25-30 as we like ours quite fudgy) until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with moist crumbs. Allow to cool in the tin completely, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container and eat within three days…not that it will likely be around after three days!
So, there you have it! Our at home, Vegan Raspberry Oreo Brownie! For some different flavour combos, why not try crunchy peanut butter and Oreo or try adding some different vegan biscuits to your brownie such as Lotus Biscoff or chocolate Bourbons.
We hope you love this quick and tasty brownie as much as we do! Don’t forget to tag us in your bakes and use the hashtag #bakeswithbabygbc .
Leoni & Baby GBC